Tricare Prime
Call Now For Appointment
Waldorf, MD:301-645-5410
California, MD:301-862-7550
Center For Advanced Orthopedics and Sports Medicine A Division of Centers for Advanced Orthopedics, LLC

Frequently Asked Questions:

Do I need to have a referral to be seen at your office?

For most insurances a referral is not necessary. If you contact our office, we will let you know if a referral is required. You may also wish to contact your insurance company directly as the responsibility of the referral rest with the patient.

What insurances do you take?

Our providers are credentialed with most major insurance plans. Here is a list of insurance companies we participate with, if you don’t see your plan listed feel free to call our office to find out if we are in the process of credentialing with your plan:

  • Aetna & Aetna MC
  • CareFirst/BSFED/BlueCross BlueShield
  • Champus/Tricare Standard
  • Cigna
  • DOL
  • GEHA
  • John Hopkins Healthcare (EHP US Family Healthcare)
  • Mail Handlers
  • Medicare
  • Optimum Choice
  • Priority Partners
  • PHCS
  • United Healthcare (through the employer)
What happens if I can’t make my scheduled appointment?

Our policy is for you to give 24 hours if you cannot make your scheduled appointment. We will gladly reschedule your appointment for another time. If you do not call and cancel the appointment, you will be subjected to a “No Show” fee of $25.

What if I don’t have insurance?

We do see patients that do not have insurance, but a $125.00 self pay fee will be due prior to seeing the provider.

Where do the physicians operate?

Our physicians operate at Civista Medical Center, in La Plata, and Pembrooke Square Surgery Center, in Waldorf.

Who do I call for Medical Records?

You can call our main number and select option 5 and leave a message for Beverly. She will prepare your records and return your call. There is a .76 cents fee per page for Medical Records. You will also be required to complete the Medical Records Release form which is available on our website or in our office.

Who do I call for prescription refills?

The quickest and easiest method is to have your pharmacy fox a refill request form to 301-645-7680. You may also contact our office and speak to the receptionist.

Who handles the Lawyer and Workman’s compensation requests?

You can call our office and speak to the receptionist.

How long does it take to get a form completed?

We request 10-15 days to complete most forms. There is a $25 charge for forms.

Do you see Workmans’ Compensation and Auto patients?

We will see WC and Auto patients. You cannot schedule an appointment until you have the following information:

  • Claim number
  • Name of insurance company and address of where bills are sent
  • For auto it must be the insurance of the vehicle you were in
  • Name of case worker or adjuster
  • Phone and fax number of case worker
  • Date of injury